Monday, July 15, 2013

healthy changes!

I picked up some vanilla soy protein powder this weekend at the local big box store.  I had it for dinner with 1 cup of soymilk and 1/2 a frozen banana on Sunday night.  Of course, the strawberries were calling to me at 9:30pm, so I had a late night snack after my healthy shake dinner.  I won't call it a fail, but I wouldn't call it a win, either.  I had another shake this morning with a handful of frozen strawberries.  It actually kept me full till noon!  Maybe those nutritionists do know a thing or two after all...

I decided to start the Couch to 5k program today, the hottest day of the year so far.  But I couldn't go back on my promise to myself, especially since I am meeting with the surgeon on Wednesday and I want to be able to report good things to him.  I felt like I was in hell, the way the track was radiating heat upwards to my face.  I quit early, but I did more than I did yesterday (nothing), so I'm not going to be too hard on  myself.  I just need to remember the deodorant for Wednesday, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment