Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Busy living life - updates galore!

Holy guacamole, I can't believe it's been over a month since I've written anything!

There have been broken bones, several incidents of falling off the bed, and an ADHD diagnosis to boot! Kindergarten and preschool promotions, a job promotion, and tons of cavities. 

The biggest news is that I am now a single lady (holla!).  Or maybe it's Divorcee.  When I started this process, I was positive we'd never be able to settle anything on our own.  We couldn't get work together in the marriage, why would it start now?  The Ex lives in dreamland, so he was sure we'd come to a good settlement without outside help.  That is, as long as I agreed to everything he wanted.  If I did that, we'd still be married.  And homeless.  And living in Texas.  On the day of our final pretrial, we agreed to almost everything.  We just had to hammer out a few smaller details regarding the kids.  We always lived a materially separate life (not even mixing our CDs together), so the inatimate objects were a non-issue for us to divide.  But how do you divide people?  The day of the final hearing was a bit of a surprise.  I learned the night before - and was sworn to secrecy - that it wasn't really a hearing at all.  It was the court's last-ditch attempt to scare us into settling.  Since I knew I would have gotten a better deal (but spent loads more money) in a hearing, I wasn't really worried either way regarding a settlement.  Ex arrived to court (for the first time) wearing a suit.  So apparently he wasn't clued into the pretend-hearing from his lawyer.  Not surprising, since his lawyer knew that he was very likely not getting paid anything above the retainer.  It doesn't take long to get past Ex's facade and learn his modis operandi.  In the end, I am happy with what we settled on.  I believe Ex is ok with it too.  He's said a mopey comment or two about his visitation, but he agreed to it without ANY argument, so it's probably for pity.

Tomorrow is my big day of appointments, in preparation for Bariatric Surgery.  I can't wait!  It will be a long day, and I wish I had a friend to go with me for moral support, but I didn't even bother asking anyone, since it will be super boring for them.  I'll just bring a book, and wish I was better at knitting :)  I have been saying goodbye to all my favorite foods, one by one, over the past few months.  Surprisingly, I didn't gain a ton of weight doing so.  Maybe because I'm already big, and I didn't binge.  I only bought 1 bag of my favorite chips, one last favorite pizza, etc.  And of course I shared with my 3 favorite Littles.  I can't wait for this new, healthy life to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment